Who I Have Built Teams, Products and Technologies For...
I'm Alan, I'm a bit obessed with all things digital.
Since 1998, I have developed the ideas, software, and teams behind multi-million dollar start-ups and billion-dollar products that have helped grow some of the largest companies in North America. I have created billions of dollars in incremental revenue through systematic, innovative, agile development of software and services for companies like Target, Amazon, Nike, Levi’s, Sony, Toyota, lululemon, Dollar Shave Club and over 100 medium to large-scale corporations through my most successful startup, ShopIgniter. With this experience, I now focus on bringing product knowledge, strategy, and proven workflows to digitally transform organizations to work smarter and faster, generating significant gains in revenue while retaining millions of dollars in the process.
Throughout my career, I have personally performed and managed multiple disciplines and roles of modern software organizations including user interface and interaction design, user experience, engineering and development, systems and service architecture, software testing, product, and engineering management and general/executive management. I have experience managing small teams and multiple-team organizations totaling over 700 individuals with numerous direct reports. My specialty is leading large scale digital organizations through agile transformations with the productization of current assets - a key to my prior success. I am well versed in overall product strategy and road-mapping, user-centric experience strategy, and design, as well as process and design methodologies for mobile and web applications, along with leading innovation strategy and agile team creation and orchestration.
What I've Done.
Things that make me proud of my experience as I dicovered what I truly love to do, for the type and size of company I love to do it in.
- Built Cartwheel as an internal start-up, created over $2B of incremental revenue, #1 retail mobile application in 12 months
- Establish agile product teams at Target as their first VP of Product
- Launched the new "adaptive" target.com
- Launched Target Mobile
- Launched Buy Online Pick Up In Store
- Helped Create Target Digital
- Establish agile product teams at lululemon as their first VP of Product, second member of the digital organization
- Launched the new "adaptive" lululemon.com
- Launched the lululemon guest mobile experience and in-store digital
- Launched the lululemon community content and ambassador program
- Launched Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship to Store
- Developed the overall strategy for WebMD One
- Built the internal product team, strategy and roadmaps to revitalize a declining business
- Restructured the organization for PE acquisition
- Establised the Digital Organization: DTC, mobile, digital product, digital product design, member strategy, monetization, and support
- Attained profitability for the first time in company history managing the full P&L
- Led the overall changes to subscription management and fulfillment to optimize the business
- Launched several product innovations for member acquisition leading to massive reductions in cost to acquire and churn
- Introduced machine learning and data science into product features
- Establised the Digital Organization: DTC, digital product, digital product design, data and analytics, retention, performance, planning and allocation
- Pandemic response to maximize online revenue and product margin
- Redesigned site architecture and navigation to focus on products
- Developed overall digital strategy and roadmap
- Establised the Digital Organization: DTC, engineering, infrastructure, mobile, data and analytics, digital product, digital product design, retention, performance marketing
- Building the next generation oral health care and habits platform
- Stay tuned...